Friday, September 3, 2010

Our Day(s) to Remember

Jeff and I have been LUCKY parents... I've mentioned before that Olivia won't get out of her bed until we come and get her.

Today is a day to remember... She actually scared me half to death this morning. Jeff was taking a shower and I was still in and out of sleep when I hear a little voice saying "hi mom". I look over to see Liv's head pop up over the side of my bed. I loved hearing that voice, and I am actually glad she is coming out of her room on her own! (she didn't come out today after nap though.)

More exciting news, Olivia has now been PACIFIER FREE for a whole week. We have been wanting to get rid of that thing for a whole year, but Jeff and I weren't ready to get rid of it yet. It was WAY too convenient!

One morning we told her it was time to give the "pacers" to the babies. Olivia and Jeff wrote out an envelope to the babies and we put the pacifiers in our mailbox. Liv then was able to go to Toys "R" Us to get a toy. She chose Phineas and Ferb action figures, and hasn't asked for her pacer for three days straight!



Our last day to remember is August 31, 2010, when Olivia found her first invisible friend, the bunny. There was a stuffed animal bunny on the cover of a magazine. She pretended to pick it up and has been carrying it around with her everywhere she goes. I even almost laid down on it the other night.
Here she is with her bunny. She thinks it is "sooooo cute!"

5 comments:

Chelsea Ellingson said...

To the "babies", plural? Is there something I don't know here or are we just talking about all babies in general? Invisible friends are the best, I love it when kids pretend!!

Katie Seamons said...

ditto to chelsea's question. "Babies"??

Papworth's said...

Congrats on the pacifier! The little voice by your bed is so sweet. Will comes in and climbs onto our bed with us and gives us kisses to wake us sometimes.Then he asks if we'll make him breakfast, then he tells us to get up repeatedly until we do! It can also be a bitter/sweet experience when it happens at like 6:30 a.m. I can't believe your sweetheart stayed in her bed! Give her imaginary friend kisses from me! Oh, they grow too fast!! Wish I could stop time at this age, it's the best. Will gets mad and tells me he loves growing up and that he's so happy and tall in the air, I say, "BOO!"

raedene said...

That is soooo cute! I love the invisible bunny! Tell Olivia that Paige says her bunny is really cute! :) And "yay!" on the paci mailing! And.... it's about time she got off her bed, you were getting way too spoiled!!! :) Love you guys!
P.S. I NEED one of those watches!!! What colors do yo have?

Nate and Kelly said...

SOOOOOO Cute! Maxi had invisible friends... and still does I think?! Hopefully Liv's bunny doesn't exist for 25 years!