Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Est. October 22, 2005

Although it has been three years since Jeff and I were sealed together, we thought it would be fun to start at the beginning.



Jeff and I met at a church baptism, I thought he was very handsome and I was nervous to talk to him. I overheard a conversation he had with a friend and with my spy ears I learned that Jeff served a mission in the Philippines. After their conversation was finished I knew it was my chance to talk to him. I didn't know what to say, so I confirmed the fact that I had just learned. Jeff recalls that these were my exact words. "So... the Philippines huh?" The baptism was starting at that point and that was the extent of our first meeting. Needless to say, He thought I was a snob and I was already falling in love! A couple of weeks later my roommates and I were having a fondue date at our house. I decided to ask Jeff!



THE ENGAGEMENT!



After spring semester 2005, Jeff left me in Greeley to stay with his parents in Cortez for the summer. He asked me to come visit over the 4th of July weekend. I was nervous to drive the full eight hours by myself and Jeff graciously offered to meet me halfway. His family thought I was crazy, but Jeff was more than willing to spend four hours in a car with me. For those who have driven on any kind of road trip with me know what a fun singer I am! Jeff asked me to marry him while he and his family treated me like a princess. We set the date for October 22, 2005 (yes, during the middle of the semester!)


This was the picture we included in our wedding invitations.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

love that pic- look who ended up together- and it all started w/ fondou!

Chelsea Ellingson said...

This is going to sound stupid, but who is the girl in the green shirt? I don't even reckognize her...

kim said...

My kids love Olivia. Today I took them to your mom's and Kylie kept asking if Olivia was there. Then throughout the day she would just randomly say "Olivia". Thanks for the compliment on our blog. Olivia is adorable.

The Yarbrough Clan said...

The girl in the picture is my cousin. She lives in Utah and was down for the weekend to visit and I set her up with Andrew!

Stephanie said...

A Lake Powell trip sounds fantastic. You know, it's not too far from Cortez, and it's just going to be me and Addy for the majority of the time, so we'd love all the company we can get. We are planning a Greeley trip before we head out, so I'll keep you posted. We miss you guys, and I wish our girls could play.

Logan and Ashley said...

Holy cow, I about fell off my chair when I saw you had posted!! I love what you said to Jeff the first time you talked to him. It is so you!!! I love the fam pic!

Papworth's said...

I just chuckled to myself! Love that story. I'm glad he decided to get to know you and know that you're not a snob! We need to get our little ones together for a play date sometime. They're getting so big. Hope all is great with you guys!!

raedene said...

Too cute.... :) Hope you're having fun with Grandma! I bet Olivia is! :) I'm so glad you FINALLY posted! :)

Natalie said...

So glad I was there for the first date! Miss you!

ladybugLoUCKs said...

I love these last two posts! I missed all of that, so it's fun to see pics. p.s... cam percieved me as a high maintainance snob too. he admits he was wrong though :) silly boys